陈吉星

打杂

巴夏:“做自己”与“让父母高兴”
问:
There’s many things I want to do in life and lots of people I want to interact with, but I profoundly believe it wont’ work for me.
生活中有很多事情我都想去做,有很多人我都想去结交,但我发现这些对我根本不可能

巴夏:
And why do you prefer to profoundly believe that it won’t work?
你为什么选择相信“这些对你根本不可能”?

问:
I want to please your parents
因为我想让我父母高兴

巴夏:
To please your parents, alright.
想让你父母高兴吗?好吧!

Then do me a favor.
那请帮帮忙!

Tell them to live your life for you.
告诉他们,你要为了你自己而活,你要过你自己的生活

Because obviously you don't want to live it for yourself; you want to live it for them.
因为很显然,你不想为自己而活,你想为他们而活

问:
That's true, yeah.
你说的没错,是这样的!

巴夏:
Yes.
是的

Do you not know that you can really mean it when you say, "I really do love you Mom and Dad—AND I'm going to do what gives me joy."
当你对父母说:“爸爸妈妈,我真的爱你们!并且我要去做让我开心的事!”你难道不知道,你这么说的时候,说的都是真心话?

You know you can mean it.
而且你也可以这么地说出你的真心话!

You do not have to feel you're not loving  them, that you're not respecting them, just because you want to be who yo are.
不要觉得你不爱他们,你不尊重他们,仅仅是因为你想做你自己。

问:
This is true.
你说的对

评论

热度(1)